This section provides detailed steps on planning a project from the scratch by adding rooms, walls, separators, sloped ceilings and exteriors.
Add a Room
You can add rooms to your project.
Steps to add a room:
Click Draw plan > Add a room.
Enter the surface area, room type.
Select the room shape, click Add.
Position the room.
To add another room, click Add a new room, repeat from step 2.
Rooms are added to the project.
You can modify the room, room type, modify the floor height and empty room.
- Click the room floor, the property panel is displayed, as shown below:
- Click the Edit option, the edit panel is displayed, as shown below:
Name- Select the room name and modify the required name of the room.
Type- Select the room type from the drop-down menu, as shown below:
- Floor height- To modify the height of the floor in the same room or different rooms:
- Select the value of the floor height and modify the required floor height, and a success message displays, as shown below:
- To check the applied floor height, click the See how it looks from the pop-up message. The applied floor height is displayed, as shown below:
You can empty the room by deleting all the products from the room at once.
In 2D view, select the room floor, the property panel is displayed, as shown below:
- Click the icon, a notification for confirmation appears, as shown below:
- Click the Yes option to continue.
You can undo the action by clicking the Undo button.
Add a Wall
You can add walls to your project.
Steps to add a wall:
Click Draw plan > Add a wall.
Draw wall with the help of sketcher.
Feature Icon Command Command Location Sketcher Helps in drawing walls Draw plan
Click Validate. Walls are added to the project.
Add a Separation
You can add room separations to your project.
Steps to add a room separator:
Click Draw plan > Add a separation.
Draw separator with the help of sketcher.
Feature Icon Command Command Location Sketcher Helps in drawing separators Draw plan
Room separators are added to the project.
Manage Sloped Ceilings
You can add sloped ceilings to your project.
Steps to add a sloped ceiling:
Click Draw plan > Manage sloped ceilings.
Select a wall.
Enter the height (A), incline distance (B) and angle of inclination (C), and click Create.
Click Hide schema/Show schema to hide/show the illustration.
To add another sloped ceiling, repeat from step 2.
Add Sloped Ceiling:
Sloped ceilings are added to the project.
Add Roof Window
You can add roof window on sloped ceiling in your project.
- Click Build > Roof windows.
- Select Roof window from list in catalog.
- Roof window is added on sloped ceiling.
1. Roof window is removed from floorplan if corresponding sloped ceiling is removed.
2. No space available message displayed if sloped ceiling is too small to fit the roof window. In this case, roof window is added in the middle of the screen. You can move it to desired location.
3. Following pop-up notification displayed, if sloped wall is not available in floorplan.
You cannot add a roof window without a sloped ceiling. Add a sloped ceiling.
Click Add a sloped ceiling link to add sloped ceiling.
Add an Exterior
You can add exterior design to your project.
Steps to add an exterior:
Click Draw plan > Add an exterior.
Enter the surface area.
Select the exterior type, click Add.
Position the exterior.
To add another exterior, click Add a new exterior, repeat from step 2.
Exteriors are added to the project.